Please note that calls are recorded and monitored for training and quality control purposes and to comply with applicable regulatory authorities.
GO Telecom Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically.
This information you give us may include the following:
- Phone number
- Credit or financial information
- Login details
- Personal information
When do we collect your data?
We collect your data when you:
- Use any of our services
- Raise a complaint
- You correspond with us
- Register on our sites
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
In certain instances, we may share your data with a technical or network partner to provide technical processing of your data under strict contractual control and under GDPR legislation.
Your data will be disclosed to third parties under the following conditions:
- In order to comply with a legal obligation as per our terms and conditions
- Disclosed to the police, legal services or regulatory bodies in response to illegal activity or breach of our terms and conditions
- If the company or its assets is acquired by a third party
- All information provided is stored on secure servers
- Payment processing through card payments will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology. Payments made are through our payments gateways
We make no warranties to the security of your data, postings, communications that third parties will no gain unauthorized access. We will not be liable for any such actions caused by unauthorized access.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights and how you can complain
- If you have a complaint or would like to contact us about your personal information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's department should you not be happy with the resolution of your complaint. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us.
- You have the right to request the amendment or erasure of this data.
- You have the right to opt-out or unsubscribing to marketing and promotional materials. This can be done by:
- Click unsubscribe link
- Send 'STOP' to text services – see individual services procedures
- Send us an email to email@example.com
Data Protection Officer, GO Telecom Ltd, Vantage Point, New England Road, Brighton BN1 4GW
Phone: 0330 333 8722
This policy was last updated on 13th September 2018